In order to protect your pet and all other pets that stay and play with us, we have some minimum health requirements that we feel are necessary.
- Your pet has been examined by a veterinarian in the last 12 months for a total health assessment.
- Your dog has current vaccination status for distemper virus, parvovirus and rabies virus and the vaccine was administered at least 2 weeks prior to hotel check in.
- Your dog has had intranasal bordetella and parainfluenza vaccination administered within the last 12 months but greater than 1 week before check in.
- Your cat has current vaccination status for viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia, and rabies virus and the vaccine was administered at least 2 weeks prior to hotel check in.
- Your pet is on an approved flea control preferably an Advantage family product. We will ask for the date the product was last administered.
- Your pet is on an approved gastrointestinal parasite control product. We will ask for the date the product was last administered.
- Your pet has had a negative fecal examination performed in the past 12 months.
- Tick control is not a requirement but is highly recommended as outdoor play is an important part of our daycare program.
- Your dog is spayed or neutered if over 9 months of age. Your cat is spayed or neutered if over 6 months of age.
- Your pet is at least 12 weeks old.
Although these requirements help minimize the risk of contracting some diseases and parasites, there is no guarantee that these can be prevented when exposed to other pets. Much like mixing children at school!!
If your pet is a patient at Oshawa Animal Hospital we will simply confirm the above in your pet’s medical record. Otherwise, we will need to contact your veterinarian for confirmation.