Cats often hide the signs of pain and illness. By the time you notice something is wrong, the problem may be more advanced and harder to treat. That’s why it’s important for you to take your cat to the veterinarian if you notice even subtle signs of illness.
So we have taken many steps to help cats and their families ENJOY their visits and to provide the best care and experience possible.
- We created a “Cats Only” area where the sights and sounds of other more boisterous pets are removed. It’s quiet. It’s calm.
- We use cat specific pheromones (natural compounds secreted by cats) to calm cats in the Cats Only area
- Cat furniture in exam rooms so your cat can climb and perch if desired. This can make them feel more at home.
- We revised our approach to cats so that we make no intimidating moves and always ensure we do not create anxiety. We can examine them in their carriers if that is more comforting to them. We do as much as possible in the cat room to minimize movement around the clinic and potential exposure to fearful situations.
- We have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
- We support our veterinary team so that the entire staff is educated and knowledgeable about the distinct needs and behaviours of cats
- For over anxious, extra worried cats;
- a separate outside entrance directly into the Cats Only area so you can totally avoid other animals
- mild calming pills can be given at home prior to the trip to ease the car ride and the whole experience
Call us today to arrange a visit for your cat. We will work with you to make your visit the smoothest possible for you and your cat