- The average flea has a lifespan of 2 to 3 months.
- Although flea eggs are typically laid on the host, they often fall off and spread the infestation to the surrounding environment. It’s essential to treat both your pet and your home to eradicate an infestation.
- Fleas have no wings—they jump to get onto hosts.
- A female flea can consume 15x its body weight in blood every day. Left untreated, flea infestations can cause anemic complications for your pet.
- Fleas carry plenty of bacteria, some of which can transmit parasites and diseases that affect humans.